|Switch Your Accounts to JCB|
|Reorder Checks Online|
Benefits of our consumer checking accounts:
Some accounts and services may be subject to bank and/or credit approval.
- Free Internet Banking
- Free Mobile and Text Banking*
- Free 24-Hour Telephone Banking
- Free Online Check Images
- Free eStatements
- Free Combined Monthly Statement
- Free Direct Deposit
- Sweep Transactions Available. (Savings and transfer charges and regulations apply. Subject to bank approval.)
- Jackson County Bank ATM/Debit Card is available upon request
Completely Free Checking
If you’re looking for a basic FREE checking account with no minimum balance to maintain, no monthly maintenance fee, and no per-item fee, then this account is for you.
This account includes an unlimited supply of special duplicate/wallet style checks at no fee, no minimum balance to maintain, special offers on Safe Deposit Boxes, Bill Pay, ATM usage, and much more. This account has a monthly maintenance fee.
Prime Checking (55 Years or Older)
An interest-bearing account for those 55 years or older with no minimum balance and no monthly maintenance fee.
An interest-bearing account with no minimum balance, a special offer on check orders, and unlimited ATM withdrawals when using a Jackson County Bank terminal. This account has a monthly maintenance fee.
Health Savings Account (2016)
The Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-free savings account available to an individual who is enrolled in a high-deductible health insurance plan (HDHP). The money deposited, up to a maximum amount, is tax deductible, interest accrues tax-free or tax-deferred, and the money can be used to pay for qualified expenses for medical care.
A Health Savings Account cannot be held in joint ownership. However, a qualifying family member may be a signer on the account, and the money in the account can be used to pay the medical expenses of a spouse or eligible dependent.
Who is eligible for an HSA? Anyone who:
- Has enrolled in a high deductible health insurance plan (HDHP) that is HSA compatible
- Is not covered by any other health insurance individually, including active duty with Tricare coverage
- Is not covered or eligible to be covered by a spouse’s non-HDHP plan
- Is not claimed as a dependent on anybody’s tax return
- Is under age 65 or – if 65 or older – has not elected Medicare Parts A or B
- Does not have (nor does spouse) a full Flexible Spending Account
HSA Contribution limits for 2016 are $3,350 for self-only, or $6,750 for family coverage. If the individual has attained the age of 55, an additional contribution of $1,000 known as a Catch-Up Contribution, may be made.
To learn more about how to take advantage of a Health Savings Account, please call Sheila at Ext. 1303 or Laura at Ext. 1304 for more details.